What's the plan?
On our trip to the Río Verde we will go down rafting for 2 days through the
choppy currents of a pristine, crystalline river with emerald green hues
that crosses jungle and completely preserved areas of the East
We will live an unbeatable descent, swimming in class IV waters that flow through
this imposing canyon bathed by hidden waterfalls that fall from the jungle
We will spend the night camping in the forest and enjoying a delicious dinner
made by fire at the confluence of the Río Verde and the Río Calderas, the place of
source of the Samaná River!
- Transportation in 4x4 trucks (Palacio- Boquerón | Puente Río Samaná- Palacio).
- Certified rafting equipment.
- Professional bilingual rafting guides.
- Safety kayaker.
- Hammock for camping.
- Assistance assurance.
- Food: 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
- Does not include transportation from Medellín to the meeting point and return.
How to get?
Our meeting point is at the El Palacio de los Frijoles restaurant located in Cocorná at Km 84 of the Medellín-Bogotá highway, La Piñuela sidewalk. To the meeting point, you can arrive by private transport (car, motorcycle) or by public transport buses that leave from the North Terminal, Medellín.
Food and lodging
This trip includes a total of 4 meals prepared over the fire by our guides:
- Lunch on day 1 and 2, breakfast on day 2 and dinner on the night of day 1.
- We have delicious vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and other diet options.
* If you have any special needs, we appreciate that you inform us in advance.
Our team offers you drinking water, you can bring a reusable water bottle
In this adventure along the Verde River we will spend the night in a protected camp
among the tropical jungle, lounging in comfortable hammocks.
- Our meeting point is at 8:00 am at El Palacio de los Frijoles.
* We recommend our users to arrive earlier and have a
quiet space to enjoy a traditional breakfast at El Palacio de los
Frijoles, overlooking the mountains that surround the Río Verde. It is important
prepare the body by having a good diet and hydration before
perform the activity.
- We will take the 4 × 4 trucks to get to the town of Boquerón.
- We start walking for 1 hour and a half through gutters while the mules carry our equipment.
- Upon reaching the edge of the River, we will have lunch and we will be able to swim in its crystal clear waters.
- We received the equipment and a safety talk with recommendations for the tour.
- We begin the descent in the rafts through the imposing Green and Samaná Rivers, where we will be jumping from the rocks, swimming and enjoying the canyon.
- We will arrive at a beach on the edge of the river to set up the camp with hammocks where we will rest.
- At camp we are going to enjoy a delicious meal that will help us to have good energy for the next day.
- Wake up to a swim in the river while a delicious breakfast is prepared.
- We will enjoy a beautiful hike through the canyon along a stream near the Río Verde.
- We continue with rafting, exploring secluded beaches and enjoying hidden waterfalls. Keep your eyes peeled for tropical animals and exotic birds in one of the most biodiverse countries in the world.
- As we continue on the rafts downstream, we will be able to observe traditional artisanal mining practices.
- We finish the tour at the Samaná River Bridge, where our drivers wait to take us back to the initial meeting point.
What should i bring?
- Covered, comfortable and grippy shoes for the river.
- T-shirt or camibuso.
- Light and long pants.
* It is important to remember that these elements that we mentioned above are
to get completely wet during the rafting descent.
- Blocker or sunscreen.
- Hat or cap.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Refillable bottle for water.
- Dry shoes (to change after the river trip)
- Dry clothes (to change after the river trip)
* You will need dry clothes for after the tour of day 1 and also for
after day 2 that is when we return. For these changes we recommend bringing
two changes of dry clothes and a pair of dry shoes (which you can wear on day 1 and 2).
Remember to bring only what is necessary.
With Medellín Rafting you can hire the private transport service to
enjoy greater comfort when moving from your location
(Medellín or other destinations) to the meeting point and back. No lines,
straight to the adventure in one of our van with professional drivers.
For the whole combo!
You can customize the trip and organize larger groups so that no one is
is left out; pr groups
Price based on group of 4 people!
Additional private transportation from Medellin COP 750,000 per group