- It takes place from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
- We take off near the CHICAMOCHA NATIONAL PARK (5km from the national road), we have a private take-off place (the highest at Chicamocha canyon), which is a 1200 meters mountain above the Chicamocha river (1740 m.a.s.l.) and a maximum height obtained in flight of 3000 m.a.s.l. in optimal conditions.
- It offers a flight between 20 minutes depending on the conditions we find and the comfort of the passenger once in the flight.
- The landing can vary. If we gain good height we arrive at the same place or otherwise we land in some of the optional pre-established places to borders of the river Chicamocha. The transport company is in charge of the transfer to the initial point of meeting if that happens.
- It is advisable to make the reservation one or two days in advance in high season, because for each passenger there must be a pilot. A paragliding pilot can only make one to seven flights per day at most and our capacity is 9 pilots.
- Every flight depends on climatic and aerological conditions, therefore the pilot decides which is the opportune moment for the takeoff and if it is the case NOT TO FLY.
- The pilot chooses the passenger with whom he wants to fly according to his weight, so it does not matter the order of arrival at the launch site but the weight and the conditions we find. For instance, if the wind is strong, the pilot takes off with the heaviest and if it is soft with the lightest.
- There are additional cases where decisions are made based on the conditions of the day, such as (there may be more cases) the weight of people. Pilots usually do not fly with passengers under 40kg unless the wind is soft; also with passengers over 110 kg unless the conditions are a little strong.
- We also do not fly children under 6 years of age and in the case of any minor (under 18 years of age) it is necessary to fill out an authorization form by a responsible adult.
The organization is willing to provide transportation (from San Gil or Panachi) if necessary, but it is better tif the client has their own transportation due to the following reasons.
- If your flight is at Chicamocha canyon once the flight is over, you can stay in the Chicamocha National Park all day if you wish. Otherwise we will probably return as soon as the activity ends.
- If due to weather conditions or due to the client's own decision, the activity is not carried out and it goes with the company's transportation, the amount of $10,000 per person must be paid.
- The road to Chicamocha National Park is all paved, just move 400 meters away from the main road, is accessible to all vehicles.
Our company has qualified personnel, capable and experienced in this type of sports and will give everything to make your vacation an ADVENTURE.
Services included in the tariff:
- Personal Accident Policy and Civil Liability Policy.
- Certified Pilots
- Own flying site (canyon flight)
Leave a review
Help other travellers on their journey